Online Racing Drivers Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All About us!

Go down

All About us! Empty All About us!

Post  Nicky Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:56 am

This is the product of a year and a halfs worth of racing on the Xbox 360, and it started with UKOG back in February of 2008, when I entered into the Clio Cup and FTCC. Chad was already established in the FTCC, I finnished third in my FTCC debut. In March, UKOG Will hosted an endurance race at Tsukuba for R1 cars, and this triggered the first online championships on what was the wrc3f.tk forums, which would soon evolve into UKVR and ultimately IOR (ioracing.proboards.com). As a support series for the R1's, we ran a UKOG style format of orginising races, we had the now legendary (in our minds atleast) 207 Trophy, running the S2000 Peugeot 207's at A797.

We took a break from UKVR and formed the FTM (Forza Tourenwagen Meisterschaft) which had poor attendance, which was ashame as the cars were awsome. 500hp, 3,000lbs minimum weight, RWD saloons and coupes, a close fought half season included my first online racing pole position and win, and created some classic races with Chad and Greg. Chad dominated the Mini Cooper support series, while I was on the top of the FTM standings when the series was postponed, it never restarted. The next UKVR races were poorly attended, this was canceled.

For the next few months we did no online league racing, but, Chad suggested we join the BGTA, the British Grand Touring Association (Now TORA) and run with the big boys in GT and touring car racing. In November, me and Chad entered our first races, at the Road Atlanta race, a huge crash involving lfcnicklfc was a big story, and certainly got us noticed Wink In the Touring Cars, chad decided to find another team, while I founded IOR Stobart racing, feilding three drivers; lfcnicklfc, Adam and me. Nick went on to finnish second in the championship, behind the dominant Butcher, winning with his PLOW Motorsport Subaru Legacy.

Since then some controversial happenings with the mods of TORA gave me the impression that they ran a dictatorship, and they knew it. This may not be the case, but the seriousness of the forum got to me, and soon the racing became tainted. And that brings me to where we are today! The ORDC is for drivers who want a good race, because we know what a good race is, and dont want want to be plagued with polotics (we can always just watch F1) stewards enquiries and penalties for no reason.

If you read all of that, then welcome to the forum! Smile

Nicky, Co-Founder
Nicky
Nicky
Admin

https://ordc.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum